ShortOZStay Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing.
- A 40% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the client's acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The balance of the total booking amount must be received in full 7 days prior to occupancy. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let it
- If the client processes a cancelation the deposit is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If a refund is made due to the property being re-let then a $50 cancellation fee will apply.
- The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions:
-Number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the confirmation notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
- Parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly, this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
- Damage, breakages, theft, and loss are the tenant's responsibility during their stay.
- Check-out time is 10am at the latest to allow time to prepare the property for the next guests.
- The property should be left in a similar condition to it's arrival
- Disturbance to our neighbors, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
- The bond is payable at the same time as the balance amount via bank transfer or can be processed by credit card. The bond will be refunded or released (in case of credit card pre-authorization) within 3 days of departure in full, subject to the above conditions being met. It is designed to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared etc.
- Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with the owner.
- If you choose to use the BBQ during your stay, please make sure it is left in a clean state otherwise a $30 fee will be incurred.
- Loss - the owners take no responsibility for the tenant's personal property.
- Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
11. Due to an increase in chargeback fraud, guests are required to send a photo ID to ShortOzStay prior to arrival. Photo ID will be securely stored on file until four months after departure in line with chargeback criteria.
12. Payment with MasterCard or Visa is subject to a 2% surcharge, Paypal/Amex attracts a 3-4% fee.